Getting Closer

Friday, June 12, 2009



So the fateful day is only 4 short months away and we're steadily working away. We've had a few more items checked off the list but it's definitely coming down to the details. Here is some of the stuff we've been doing since I last wrote

* Wedding dress in made and in my possession. I am waiting a bit to begin the tailoring process but it doesn't have any beadwork so it'll be an easy fix. Just a nip and a tuck.

* Invitations were not being our friend. Nothing was working (standard wedding invitations were too fancy and expensive for such a small group and regular invitations were too...regular) so we enlisted my good friend Denise who is looking to break into the invitation business. They are so cute and I can't wait for all of you to see them!

* Catering is almost finalizing. A few more tweaks and we're golden. I drool everytime I think of all the yummy food we're going to have.

* Live entertainment is being reviewed but I think we're leaning towards some live music which will give it an authentic old hawaiian feel. We also got a rockin' iPod dock for the background music. It's a Bowers & Wilkins Zepplin and I'm loving it!

* Lighting and all the decorations are in the early, early stages but I'm looking forward to that part.

* AND...wedding rings are being made! We are both getting some customization so we've begun the process and I have to say that really made it feel official to me. Some people get hit when they find the dress or location but seeing Mike try on rings made me realize...IT"S HAPPENING!

Posted by frissa at 10:58 AM  
0 comments

Post a Comment